How brothers Rand and Robyn Miller built worlds from a manhole. This is the story of the beginning of Cyan, the company that went on to develop Myst — the all-time top-selling adventure game and one of the most influential videogames ever made.
Adapted from interviews for my upcoming book The Secret History of Mac Gaming, which is currently crowdfunding on Unbound.
Thank you to everyone who's donated via PayPal or Patreon so far — especially Anuar Lequerica, whose very generous monthly pledge has helped me buy new gear to make a better-sounding show.
- Oneiri, Sunset, [Behind Your Window](href="http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Kai_Engel/Idea/Kai_Engel_-_Idea_-_04_Behind_Your_Window), Remedy for Melancholy, Nothing, and Anxiety by Kai Engel
- Under Suspicion, Puzzle Pieces, Evening Glow, and Snakes by Lee Rosevere
- Wandering by Steve Combs
- I am a Man Who Will Fight For Your Honor and Nirvana VEVO by Chris Zabriskie
- Peekdoor Quest by Rolemusic
- Passing Time by BoxCat Games
- Music from The Manhole by Robyn Miller
- Untitled compositions by Richard Moss
I also used a cassette tape/deck audio sample by FreeSound user magedu.Support Ludiphilia